Saxen Ltd respect the privacy of customers. This policy details how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Saxen Ltd was established in November 2005 because of our passion for great office furniture and commercial interiors. We work to transform your office to make it a healthier, better place to work.
We take our duty to process your personal data very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect your personal data.
We may change this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated.
Refer to the sections below for more details on how and why we use your personal information:
1. Who are we?
In this policy references to Saxen or to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are to Saxen Limited which is a registered company in Scotland SC293726, registered at Riverbank Mill, 2 Stoneygate Road, Newmilns, Ayrshire, Scotland KA16 9AJ.
2. What personal data we collect and how we use it
What we need
Saxen is what’s known as the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We will usually collect basic personal data about you like your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and email preferences (whether you opt in to our newsletters) and your card details if you are purchasing from us by telephone.
Under no circumstances will we hold sensitive payment details, such as your card number, expiry date and security code after your payment has been processed. All transactions are handled through our accredited payment providers, Sagepay and Paypal. For more information on the privacy policies of these companies, please refer to http://www.sagepay.com and www.paypal.co.uk.
Why we need it
We collect your personal data in connection with product purchases or enquiries relative to products we sell on our website.
The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don't have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Sometimes, with your consent, we will process your personal data to provide you with information about our work or our activities that you have requested or are expecting.
On other occasions, we may process personal data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract (for example, if you have purchased something from our e-commerce website) or where we are required to do this by law or other regulations.
Saxen also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. Those legitimate interests include providing you with information on our services, products, special offers, newsletter requests, feedback, market research, competitions and other activities and those of other carefully selected organisations.
How we obtain your details
We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you provide it to us directly
- When you provide permission to other organisations to share it with us (including Facebook or Twitter)
- When we collect it as you use our website or purchase products
- When you have given it to a third party and you have provided permission to pass your information on to us
Our staff in the UK processes all the personal data we process, however, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance your information may be situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This will be done in accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to change the way you hear from us or no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, then use the contact form on our 'Contact Us' page.
How the details we collect will be used
Any information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased
- We may pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities such as processing and sorting date, monitoring how customers use the website and issuing our emails for us.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
It is your right to revoke any given consents (e.g. Newsletter) at all times.
It is your right to be able to view, correct, block or delete the stored personal data we keep about you.
3. Legitimate interests
We have a number of lawful reasons that mean we can use (or 'process') your personal information. One lawful reason is something called 'legitimate interests'. Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means we can process your personal information if:
• We have a genuine and legitimate reason and are not harming any of your rights and interests
Please read the 'Legitimate Interest' statement for more information.
4. Sharing your information
We only disclose information to third parties or individuals when obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigations and the following:
• If you have agreed that we may do so.
• When we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, e.g. processing or delivering orders, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending mail and emails, customer analysis, assessment and profiling, when using auditors/advisors or processing credit/debit card payments.
• If we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from one of our websites, to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Saxen, our websites or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
• If we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity.
• We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, supporters, customers and sales to describe our services and operations to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information.
And, we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
5. Retaining your information
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. This period will normally be for ten years after your last financial activity with us, unless we have a good reason to keep your information for a longer period (for instance, product warranties in excess of 10 years). This is based on any legal, regulatory or business reasons we may have to retain your information.
You have the right to ask us to remove your personal information from our records. We will inform you in writing when we have actioned your request and if we need to refuse you we will give you the reasons why.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting.
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|GOOGLE ANALYTICS||Facilitates measurement of website usage|
|Facilitates sharing of information to facebook|
7. What are your rights?
A new data protection law, starting in May 2018, gives everyone a number of very important rights. These are:
• Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed)
• Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access)
• Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification)
• Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing)
• Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be 'forgotten')
• Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object)
• Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability)
• Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you would like to know more about your rights under the data protection law see the Information Commissioners Office website.
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to processing your personal data at any time by using the form on our 'Contact Us' page.
8. How to contact us
Our data protection officer can be contacted by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
2 Stoneygate Road
Or by emailing: email@example.com
If you wish to talk to us about anything in the policy or the information we hold about you please contact our supporter services team:
• By telephone: 01560 322072
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• By post: Data Protection Officer, Saxen Ltd, Riverbank Mill, 2 Stoneygate Road, Newmilns, Ayrshire KA16 9AJ
Please note that calls may be monitored or recorded.
Date: 20thMay 2018